Today we will be talking about the importance of finding the right Guild to fir who we are..
There are so many guilds from which we can choose to join - from RP, Casual, Raiding, Progression - we are fortunate to have many choices available to us. There are large guilds and small ones, family guilds and ones who have members all across the globe. I believe that the happiness you find in a guild is in direct correlation to how the guild fits who you are and how the guild values you as a member.
Does the current guild you are with value you as a member or are you just another member on their roster? Of course the lvl 25 guilds offer some great perks to being a member courtesy of Blizz, but are they appreciative of who you are?
Some things to consider:
- If you are an outgoing person, does the guild offer activities that you enjoy?
- If you are having trouble with a particular class/spec, does the guild offer to help you ?
- Does the guild you are with have members on at the same times that you are online?
- Is your guild too hardcore, or too casual to fit your personal play style?
- If you enjoy hearing others speak as you play, does the guild have a channel on thier Mumble or Vent chat for "hanging out"? Or is it just for the raids?
- If you are a a social player, do you feel that the guild offers opportunities for its members to engage in group content?