Sunday, January 20, 2013

WoW Life Coach - Using Action Plans

Today we are going to talk about using an Action Plan to reach your goals in WoW,



While I will be specifically talking about reaching goals in WoW, this is something that you can also incorporate into your non-gaming life as well - from finding a job, to losing weight, to all sorts of goals and aspirations that you may have.
 
Action Plans are a great way to break down the goals that you are trying to achieve into small manageable steps.

Here are the steps to create an Action Plan
  1. What are you going to do?
  2. How much are you going to do?
  3. When are you going to do it?
  4. How many days a week are you are going to do it?
  5. How confident are you? (from 1 to 10, 7 or more being the ideal confidence level)

That's it! Just 7 simple steps to creating a plan to reach you goals. Now I am going to look at one specific example to show you how we can apply this technique to our personal goals in WoW.

Goal: I want to raise my reputation with one of the new factions in MoP
  1. I am going to do dailies for the faction that I want to raise reputation with
  2. I am going to do two dailies for this faction
  3. I am going to do it before my raid
  4. I am going to do it 3 days a week (my raid is Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
  5. I am a 8 out of 10 in confidence level

There you have a simple action plan for reaching a goal that you want to reach. Breaking any goal down into small action plans is a great way to reach you goals in WoW, or real life, no matter how large or small they may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment