While I will be specifically talking about reaching goals in WoW, this is something that you can also incorporate into your non-gaming life as well - from finding a job, to losing weight, to all sorts of goals and aspirations that you may have.
Action Plans are a great way to break down the goals that you are trying to achieve into small manageable steps.
Here are the steps to create an Action Plan
- What are you going to do?
- How much are you going to do?
- When are you going to do it?
- How many days a week are you are going to do it?
- How confident are you? (from 1 to 10, 7 or more being the ideal confidence level)
That's it! Just 7 simple steps to creating a plan to reach you goals. Now I am going to look at one specific example to show you how we can apply this technique to our personal goals in WoW.
Goal: I want to raise my reputation with one of the new factions in MoP
- I am going to do dailies for the faction that I want to raise reputation with
- I am going to do two dailies for this faction
- I am going to do it before my raid
- I am going to do it 3 days a week (my raid is Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- I am a 8 out of 10 in confidence level
There you have a simple action plan for reaching a goal that you want to reach. Breaking any goal down into small action plans is a great way to reach you goals in WoW, or real life, no matter how large or small they may be!