Sunday, January 6, 2013

20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge - Day 4

Day 4 - Your Best WoW Memory



I have had so many memorable moments that it is hard to pick just one. There was my first adventures into a dungeon with a guildie as my guide, the excitement of seeing Nagrand for the first time, selling my first item on the AH and the joy of actually having gold in my bags and so many others. But the best memory that I have so far is a short and simple one....

As I have mentioned before I have a very close friend that I have known for over 20 years that introduced me to WoW. She was so good to me, sending my toon 300 gold to get me started and we would have numerous wonderful conversations about the game. Sometimes we would have differences of opinions, but we could always seem to have rational discussions, never being rude to each other.

I found out about these wonderful things in game called Companions and I started to collect them. I collected cats, dragonhawk hatchlings, and parrots...you know what I mean. Then one day I found it....my all time favortie companion pet....Hyacinth Macaw. I just loved this amazing creature so much. I worked the AH and made enough gold to buy not 1 but 2 of these beauties. The problem was that I learned one and the other was stuck on a server that I had no way to get it off, other than selling it.

Along comes MoP and the wonder that is account wide pets and mounts! I learned the Macaw on the toon on that server, the hopped over to one of the toons on my friends server. I met her in Undercity and she was showing me her new collection of battle pets. I knew that she did not have this pet, since she had mentioned to me that I had one of the rarest pets in the game when I got it and that even after her years of playing she had not collected it yet. I opened up a trade window and gave her the bird! It made me soooo happy to be able to give her this rare and much sought after item. She was very very appreciative and it is MY BEST WOW MEMORY!

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool :P I myself have amassed a decent sized collection of pets, I'll have to see if I have that one. Most of mine came from the AH lol! I have never been one to farm for pets, but I would have to say my favorite is lil tarecgosa. Took many months of work to get the staff for one of my best friends, and that's the reward we got as gifts for the labor. It really ties back to good memories in game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that is so nice to hear that your friend gave you the pets for helping him with getting the staff. I love those positve WoW stories.

      And thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete