Thursday, December 27, 2012

About the Winterhoof US Realm

This post is a response to an email message that I recieved that wanted to learn more about life on the Winerhoof US Realm. I thought that I would share it here for others to read.
 

 
Do you like it?
Yes, I am enjoying the play on my server. I found the server by listening to a podcast and I decided to roll a horde toon on the server to join the guild that they have. I was new to the game (just started pllaying Nov 2011) and I had no clue as to which server to choose. I rolled a toon on the same server as the friend that introduced me to WoW, however, I was looking for a place that had people where I could learn the game as my friend was in a raidingg guild. After tolling horde, I was insterested in rolling alliance as well, and they have a sister alliance guild so I rolled there as well. I have a WoW addiction, so I am currently playing on 5 diffrerent servers, however some of my toons only do AH so that I can buy more pets (I love Pet Battles)
Are the people friendly?
The people for the most part seem to be friendly. I will have to echo what many others have said about the problems with CRZ bringing people from other servers to Winterhoof. I have found that most of the rude people that I have come in contact with were from other servers. Others in my guild have noted the same thing - once the CRZ came, the folks that came with it were not always the nicest or friendliest players.
I did try and run a few looking for dungeons and I found that experience to be horrible, however, I think that this is due to the general elitist attidude that people have in LFD/LFR
The guild that I belong to has been very, very friendly and helpful. They really taought me alot of great things anout the ggame, and they have fun events about 2 times a year that I try to attend.
Is there good alliance/horde balance?
I cannot really speak to this as I do not run BGs, however I will say that I have 2 toons as horde and 8 toons as alliance on the server. I do think that the server might be horde heavy since my guild has hundreds of toons on the horde side and only about 20 toons on the alliance side. Also, when I am in Org, I have horrible lag in that city and the lag seems to be less when I am in SW.
-Is the auction house lively?
I choose to answer this question after telling you that I have 2 horde/8 alliance toons on this server. I have found that making gold on the alliance side is sooo much easier than on the horde side. The exception to my gold making has been the glyph market which I am trying to make gold on the alliance side. The undercuts on the glyphs are pretty constant and I have found that the sales are slow due to the undercutting. I have made quite a bit of gold on the alliance side which has enabled me to be able to buy the 20K gold tundra mammoth and to purchase many pets, so I would have to say that the alliance side AH has been good to me.
Making gold on the horde side has been really slow. My thoughts on why this might be the case is that I believe that there is a horde heavy population, and that I believe that that the population is also more of the higher level toons on the horde side than on the alliance side, which means that since I don't have any toons that are in the MoP content yet, the items that I am selling are just not in demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment